Refer a Candidate
Refer a Candidate
Robertson Leadership Fellow
Robertson Leadership Fellow
New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle our nation’s education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We are now seeking exceptional leaders from all backgrounds to join our school communities as Robertson Fellows. Fellows will serve in critical school-based roles and receive training and support they need to grow into senior leadership at the end of their two-year fellowship. Our program is designed to train talent new to education to become Principals in our growing network of schools.
Underwritten by investor and philanthropist Julian Robertson, The Leadership Fellows program is grounded in the work of the Robertson Center at Success Academy, an initiative to share Success Academy’s school design and methods with educators across the country to accelerate school improvement and deliver an outstanding education to all children.
Leadership At Success
The Robertson Leadership Fellows at Success Academy provides ambitious managers with the training, resources, and mentorship required to become school leaders. Leadership Fellows will function as Principals-in-training, receiving the authentic practice and professional development that will allow them to hone their craft in the role until they are ready to lead a Success Academy school at the highest level.
The Fellowship is an exciting opportunity to work with a cohort of like-minded colleagues across our growing network—professionals committed to education reform and the creation and growth of exemplary schools.
Getting Ready for Success
The 24-month Robertson Fellowship will entail constant training and development experiences. In the summer months, Fellows will attend our Leadership Training Institute, which provides core training on every aspect of school leadership, ranging from in-depth training on our curriculum and teacher development to school operations and management. During the academic year, Fellows will work alongside our faculty and leaders at a school.
At the end of 24 months, graduates of the Fellowship will be fully prepared to step into the role of a School Principal and are equipped with the experiences and skill set to be successful in that role.
What’s In It For You
During these two years, you will hone skills and experience in a disruptive, innovative environment utilizing progressive data analytics and technology. The Fellowship will be a hands-on experience for participants that builds their understanding of excellent school design, pedagogy, data analytics, exemplary student work, leadership and performance management. We will develop you to become part of our pipeline of future leaders in an organization seeking new heights.
Growing Your Skills: Leadership, Critical Thinking, Innovation
Who should apply:
- You have at least five years of professional experience;
- You provide unique industry perspective to our academic institution; and
- You have experience leading teams and managing people.
We'd love to hear from you if portray the following:
- You have an advanced degree, preferably a Masters of Business Administration;
- Maintain high standards for quality of work product and has a high excellence bar for self and others;
- Possess an achievement orientation and a strong bias for action;
- Exhibit grit and determination;
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and humility;
- Move with urgency and accuracy against shifting priorities and deadlines, demonstrating an ability to thrive in a dynamic environment;
- Think critically and logically;
- Fluency in analyzing data to drive strategy;
- Strong listening skills and maintains an open mind;
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and colleagues, demonstrating strong writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of our core values, ETHOS: Excellence, Team, Humor, Ownership, and Scholars;
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple teams and systems across locations in a highly technical role; and
- Passion for education reform and working for a growth-oriented, mission-driven organization.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain your motivations for applying, why you are interested in Success Academy and your management experience. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/
Send to a Friend
Refer a friend for $500
+ Apply For Job