Refer a Candidate
Refer a Candidate
Experienced Middle School English Teacher (Grades 5-8)
New York, NY
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need results-driven, experienced
Middle School English Teachers
to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love literature;
- Motivating students to think critically and take ownership over their own learning;
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment in school culture and academics;
- Teaching students to engage with compelling and complex texts;
- Instructing grammar, style, vocabulary, and rhetoric through scholar writing of authentic creative and informative pieces;
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students; and
- Training with colleagues and school leaders and receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Have 1+ years of lead teaching experience, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- Hold a Bachelor's degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about literature and learning.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Send to a Friend
Refer a friend for $500
+ Apply For Job