Refer a Candidate
Refer a Candidate
Managing Director, Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
New York, NY
The mission of Success Academies is to reimagine public education. From the classroom to the halls of government, this means finding profoundly different approaches to how we structure, implement and support schooling. To realize our radical vision, we reconceive every aspect of school design, from writing rigorous new curricula to drawing regularly on the advances in technology, business and social/civic practices that are transforming every sector except education.
Over the past decade, Success Academies has grown faster than any charter network in the nation, building a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle and high schools. Our 15,500 children – mostly poor and minority – are out-performing students at top city and suburban schools across New York State. With our oldest students in 12th grade, we are fast approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not determine destiny.
Our goals for our second decade are even more ambitious: to grow to 100 schools and to educate 50,000 children across New York City in a uniquely holistic K-12 system. At 100 schools, Success Academies will be one of the larger school districts in the country – on par with Atlanta or Boston – ensuring that the charter sector is large enough in New York that it cannot be turned back. At 100 schools, we will graduate 3,000 scholars each year who are prepared to enter, persist and graduate from college and eventually to lead in business, government and civic realms.
Managing Director of Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
will lead a team to advance relationships with corporate and foundation donors (and prospective donors) through a proactive process of identifying, cultivating, and managing all aspects of expanding philanthropic and other support. The Managing Director (MD) focuses primarily on large fundraising opportunities (six to eight figures) and seeks to understand the needs, and philanthropic and civic priorities of the prospective/current entities to align the priorities of Success Academy. Applying a team approach, the MD engages senior administrators, educators, trustees and donors, as appropriate, to deepen strong, lasting, institutional partnerships with Success Academy.
We are seeking an ambitious
to join our deadline-driven Development team. S/he should have the ability to hit the ground running within a forward driving, entrepreneurial, education reform organization seeking to obliterate the achievement gap in New York City.
Reporting to the
Senior Managing Director of Advancement
, the MD will lead the Corporate and Foundation Partnerships professional team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding the mission of Success Academy Charter Schools and using that knowledge to determine which grants to pursue and how to draft the message;
- Managing the annual grant cycle for Success Academy, which includes writing more than 40 grant reports and proposals for institutional donors;
- Building strong relationships across internal departments to ensure that the Corporate & Foundation Partnerships team is abreast of all organizational-wide activities;
- Cultivating new and steward existing donors through regular communications, school visits, and other invitations to special events;
- Growing the corporate partnerships portion of the program focusing on growing philanthropy and identifying partnerships that will advance our scholars as they enter college and the workforce and supporting the mission of Success Academy;
- Maintaining a calendar of all communications, cultivation and stewardship activities, Raiser’s Edge database management, multi-year payments, grant tracking and reporting;
- Ensuring compliance with all grant/contract reporting processes by partnering with Finance, Operations, Advisory and other departments as needed; and
- Performing special projects as required.
A successful applicant will have a Bachelor’s degree and
7-10 years of relevant experience
working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, as well as the following experiences and characteristics:
- Have strong written communication and verbal communication skills;
- Be highly analytical with exceptional attention to detail;
- Have experience directly managing and coaching team members;
- Be flexible and resourceful, and have excellent judgment in decision-making;
- Have experience working with large data sets and/or reviewing financial statements preferred;
- Proactive, creative thinker that will look for ways to take the department to next level;
- Demonstrated track record in government, foundation and corporate grant writing, annual planning, and donor services;
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus; and
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources and familiarity with research techniques for prospect research.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Send to a Friend
Refer a friend for $500
+ Apply For Job