Refer a Candidate
Refer a Candidate
Events Intern - Spring 2020
New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As a part of our commitment to excellence, Success Academy places special emphasis on our events throughout our organization, both internal and external-facing. The Events team partners closely with Network and school-based teams to craft, grow, fundraise, and execute world-class events for external and internal constituencies.
Success Academy Charter Schools internships provide a unique hands-on experience with talented and hardworking individuals, and the opportunity to be a part of the start-up phase of a highly ambitious and successful education-focused organization. Interns receive ongoing mentorships and training throughout their program at Success Academy Charter Schools.
We are currently seeking an
to join the Events team and support the planning, growth, and execution of special events. The Events Intern will report directly to a manager who will lead the intern’s work, guide them through various assignments, and support their professional development and goals. The Events intern will assist on fundraising and cultivation events, including the annual Spring Benefit and NYC Marathon, Network-based events, schooling-focused events, organization-wide events, and other special events throughout the year.
The Events Intern position is a paid opportunity and requires a minimum commitment of January - May 2020, with the opportunity to continue through the summer of 2020. A minimum of 20 hours per week in increments of full or half days is required (e.g., 9:00am-5:00pm; 9:00am - 1:00pm; 1:00pm-5:00pm).
This position will be located at the organization’s Central Network Office in lower Manhattan (not in an SACS school).
In this role, you will:
- Support the Events Team with the strategic planning processes and execution for internal community building events, external workshops and conferences, board relations, and fundraising events. The scope of event support needed includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Annual Spring Benefit;
- Cultivation and Stewardship events;
- Network-wide events;
- Breakfasts, dinners, and receptions throughout the year;
- The New York City Marathon fundraising team; and
- SA High School of the Liberal Arts Commencement.
- Update and track event-related information in the database (Raiser’s Edge);
- Assist with the annual New York City Marathon program by providing logistical support with team events, team emails, organizing collateral for team events, and fundraising reports;
- Support the events team with the administrative, logistical, and data-entry tasks required for the planning and execution of special events, including but not limited to vendor research; venue scouting and selection; budget tracking; communication/outreach to vendors; invitations; set-up/breakdown of events, etc.; and
- Support in recording event expenses; submit and monitor payment of invoices.
We’ll be excited to hear from you if:
- You are highly organized and have a strict attention to detail;
- You exhibit a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines;
- You exude a polished, professional and customer service oriented demeanor with a diverse range of audiences;
- You are able to multitask, shift priorities and take direction;
- You are eager to learn and possess a general interest in planning and executing seamless, excellence-driven special events;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite; and
- You are willing to go above and beyond with a positive, can-do attitude.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at
Send to a Friend
Refer a friend for $500
+ Apply For Job