Refer a Candidate
Refer a Candidate
Entry-Level Teacher - Elementary and Middle School - 2019 - 2020 School Year
New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 schools outperform every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Our schools serve children in Grades K-12:
- Elementary School: Grades K-4 (hiring teachers for General Education and Science)
- Middle School: Grades 5-8 (hiring teachers for Humanities: English and History; STEM: Science and Math)
- High School: Grades 9-12 (hiring teachers for English, US History & Government, Math, Biology, Physics, Engineering and Computer Science)
Success Academy is committed to the long-term development of our scholars, supporting their ultimate success in college and in life. We tailor our rigorous approach to meet the specific needs of elementary, middle, and high school, teaching the core knowledge, critical thinking, independence, and self-advocacy skills that are essential for scholars.
We welcome those just starting their career or considering a change. We provide our Teachers with intensive summer training at Success Academy’s Education Institute, as well as ongoing professional development from expert teachers and hardworking school leaders.
In this role you will:
- Waste no time in supporting students in the classroom;
- Teach small groups and lead whole-class instruction using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Work collaboratively with other teachers and assume increased teaching responsibilities while progressing towards a Lead Teacher role;
- Engage in training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerate learning and growth with unparalleled support;
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and parents that drive students to love learning and make exceptional academic gains; and
- Join a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
We’d be excited to hear from you if:
- You exude integrity, self-awareness, grit and perseverance;
- You take and implement feedback quickly while possessing a sense of humor;
- You are hard-working, fast-learning, and exceptional;
- You have a deep-seeded belief children are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them and are excited to join the ed reform movement;
- You welcome the disruption of the status quo;
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree;
- You have an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership; and
- You are interested in working in a collaborative environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at
Send to a Friend
Refer a friend for $500
+ Apply For Job