Refer a Candidate
Refer a Candidate
New York, NY
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
We're currently seeking exceptional Assistant Principals to join our Leadership Team.
Leadership at Success
Training will provide resources and coaching required to become exceptional school leaders. Assistant Principals function as Principals-in-training, receiving comprehensive professional development that will hone their craft until they are ready to lead a Success Academy school at the highest level.
The Program offers an exciting opportunity to work with a cohort of like-minded colleagues across our growing network—professionals committed to education reform and the creation and growth of exemplary schools.
Getting Ready for Success
In the summer months, Assistant Principals attend our Leader Training Institute Leader Summit, which provides core training on every aspect of school leadership, ranging from in-depth training on our curriculum and teacher development, to school operations and management. In partnership with their Principal and other school leadership team members, they devise plans to effectively launch the academic year, ensuring the faculty has the tools and resources necessary to be successful.
Growing Your Skills: Leadership, Innovation, Critical Thinking
We believe that the best training involves authentic practice and real-time feedback. As core members of our leadership team, Assistant Principals assume greater responsibility and accountability for delivering student results as their time in the role progresses.
At Success Academy, we invest in talent development, supporting our staff to grow in their careers and expand their impact in service of our school communities and dual mission. Given the investment we make in you and our scholars, we ask for a multi-year commitment for all Assistant Principal candidates.
As an Assistant Principal, you will drive instruction and create a school culture of scholarship through multiple practices, with a focus on Science, Math and Humanities:
- You will teach for a portion of each day to develop an in-depth understanding of our design, provide an exemplar teaching model for instructional staff, and increase their effectiveness as a leader;
- You will use student achievement data and student work to drive daily and long-term instructional decisions; and
- You will build strong relationships with parents, scholars, and teachers and create investment around attendance, homework, school culture initiatives, and overall scholar success.
Assistant Principals develop teachers’ excellence by:
- Coaching them to plan and understand content at a high level;
- Giving feedback and instruction on lesson implementation to improve academic outcomes; and
- Teaching them to form relationships with students and their families and hold these critical constituencies responsible for outstanding academic and cultural outcomes.
Assistant Principals learn to lead by:
- Honing their own moral authority and emotional intelligence to positively evolve their school’s culture;
- Directly managing teams of teachers and being accountable for moving their instructional practice and their students’ academic achievement;
- Owning academic achievement in specific grades or content areas while partnering with the other leaders on the leadership team to run an excellent school; and
- Weighing in on decisions with school design and oversight, including scheduling, staff recruitment and hiring, data analysis, and ensuring operational excellence.
Who should apply:
The Aspiring School Leaders Program is for candidates with three years of instructional experience, along with one to three years leadership experience at the elementary, middle school or high school level who seek to hone their craft and shape the practice of teachers in their school. A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Exceptionally high standards for the quality of work and a reflex to improve at every turn;
- A diverse experience across grades and subjects;
- An eagerness to learn and growth mindset;
- Well-developed emotional intelligence and leadership attributes;
- A demonstrated ability to deliver rigorous, engaging instruction;
- A record of exceptional student achievement and results;
- A progressive mindset and alignment with education reform; and
- The agility to adapt in an ever changing environment.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Send to a Friend
Refer a friend for $500
+ Apply For Job