We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school.
With our rapid growth, we now need an experienced Director of Renovations to lead construction projects and support in facilities management across our existing and new schools.
Working within our central office, our Director of Renovations will report directly to our Chief Operations Officer and should be someone who...
- Has extensive experience in overseeing building construction across multiple sites within budget and short time frames;
- Develops budgets and cost estimates required to facilitate project approvals;
- Is able to navigate the complexities of obtaining necessary facility permits (zoning, certificate of occupancy, inspection etc.) with government agencies;
- Has experience working with architects, engineers, and consultants to develop ground up, core and shell, and fit out properties;
- Is qualified to source contractors and vendors through contract development, bid management, uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements.
- Can leverage relationships and build successful partnerships to navigate bureaucratic or administrative hurdles to achieve organizational objectives;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization where entrepreneurialism and creative distribution are valorized; and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.